The new Hydroforma 660 FB, with a flexible and compact design, guarantees high speed production for water-soluble pods
The machine has the capacity to produce between 7 and 20 lines of pods, and can reach speeds of up to 2000 PPM
The Hydroforma 660 FB has great pod format flexibility, a combinations of various colors and filling, such as powder or liquid, and is available with up to five cavities
Mespack, a leading manufacturer of innovative and sustainable flexible packaging solutions, is presenting the new Hydroforma 660 FB, the most advanced and reduced-footprint water-soluble pods packaging equipment for high production requirements.
The evolving lifestyle of consumers is one of the significant factors propelling the demand for water-soluble tablets, regarding both dishwashing and laundry. As a result of convenience, the need to avoid product waste from incorrect dosage, and the increase awareness of sustainable products, manufacturers operating in this sector have simultaneously produced progressively complex and sophisticated products and increased production, in order to adapt. Mespack’s awareness of these trends has led to the company’s development of a solution that meets these needs: the new Hydroforma 660 FB.
The Hydroforma 660 FB machine was created by combining the knowledge of HFFS machines and the technology of water-soluble film machines. It has a flelxible and compact design, which was developed to guarantee high production speed. The Hydroforma 660 FB has the capacity to produce between 7 and 20 lines of pods; the largest pod capacity is 90mm wide. Dependent on the design, the machine can reach speeds of up to 2000 PPM (pods per minute); liquid dosing with Hycroforma 660 rotary machines is 122% faster.
Several packaging for pods can be adapted to this equipment, including five cavities with various formats for either liquid or powder filling. This new launch is the result of the highest quality standard requirements and the continuous innovative thinking of Mespack to offer their customers the best solutions.
The new Hydroforma 660 FB has numerous advantages that make it adaptable to the needs required by the market. The following are the principal characteristics:
- Pod Slitting Blades: The blades are pneumatically operated. Furthermore, as a result, assembly to maximize handling safety is quick and easy.
- Preheated Blade Group: It has a servo-driven unit with blades that move up and down. Subsequently, the blades are a secure cutting system that facilitates the string separation into individual pods.
- Liquids or Powder Precision Filling System: The Hydroforma can simultaneously load powders and/or liquids. The high precision, servo-driven product management features give an accurate assurance of the desired product amount.
- Transfer to Conveyor Belt: Individually controlled vacuum suction cups transfer the pods are transferred to a conveyor belt. The film trimming waste is removed by a suction system that is located on booth sides of the conveyor belt.
- Cavity Detector System: The unique cavity detector, equipped with an ultrasonic system, monitors proper cavity film formation. Hence, if the film is not detected, filling performance does not occur. This feature saves the customer valuable time, as it prevents unnecessary clean-ups.
In the words of Mespack’s Innovation Manager Guillem Lloret: ‘We are very proud of the results of this new machine. We have designed a reduced footprint solution that increases production with high versatility and accuracy. We wanted to offer our customers equipment that is suitable to their factories and production needs’.
Water soluble pods are the fastest growing packaging format of the home care sector. Currently, they account for 11% of the laundry detergent market. Water soluble pods are one of the trendiest and fastest growing consumer packaged goods (CPG)/fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) categories. This innovative format was pioneered by Mespack and its revolutionary Hydroforma line, which is comprised of high speed water soluble pod machines. With speeds of up to 2,000 pods per minute, the Hydroforma is the performance leader of the industry. In reference to raw material speed, the Hydroforma line is relevant. Furthermore, this line of equipment is the leader in sustainability: it produces less waste than the leading competitors and operates at substantially faster speeds than comparable machines. Mespack, a soluble pioneer, dominates this category with unrivaled performance, speed, efficiency, and format flexibility. Laundry detergent is sole category experiencing modification by this innovative packaging change. Subsequently, an increased number of global, national, and regional brands are moving toward this format. Strong consumer reference, driven by convenience, consistency, waste reduction, and perception of quality, suggest that this format will continue to expand. In reference to liquid, the Hydroforma doubles its speed, and has less footprint.
The home care packaging solutions of Mespack offer process efficiency and flexibility, with respect to all the necessary adaptable requirements.
Mespack has the largest product portfolio of the industry, which offers horizontal (including roll-stock, pre-made, and hybrid), vertical, and water-soluble pods equipment for the production of sachets, stick packs, stand-up pouches, film-based packaging, and end-of-line solutions.